Platelet rich plasma eye rejuvenation, or PRP eye rejuvenation, is a cosmetic, non-surgical process that tightens the skin around your face and eyes to give you a more youthful appearance. This process includes taking a small amount of blood from your arm and then separating the red blood cells and plasma so that the plasma, rich in platelets, can be reinjected into the skin around your eyes or applied topically. While it may sound a little scary, PRP eye rejuvenation is essentially tricking your skin into thinking that there is an injury at the site of injection or application and so the platelets help the skin create newer, tougher cells. It’s these cells that are responsible for the more youthful appearance that PRP promises.
Here are some general benefits of getting PRP eye rejuvenation:
1. Because of how the platelets work on your skin, you will see results. Your skin will be stronger, fresher and mostly free of wrinkles (including those stubborn crow’s feet). This procedure can also help you with any troublesome acne scars and aging signs in general.
2. The effects last. Depending on your skin and your body, this process can leave you with better looking skin for anywhere between 12 months to two years. With some products, age is a factor in how well it works, but PRP has been shown to work on people of all ages.
3. This process is mostly natural. Some providers of this service may offer fillers to enhance your own plasma, but because it comes from your body, the chances of a bad reaction definitely decrease. The most common side effects include irritation and swelling, but these seem to be minor for most individuals. However, if you have a blood related disease or are worried about the safety of PRP eye rejuvenation, you should check with a medical professional.
4. The procedure is short. Depending on the extensiveness of the procedure (how much skin you want to treat) and other personal factors, it can take between 30 minutes to an hour, which doesn’t seem like too much of sacrifice if the effects can last for 12 months to two years. However, some recommend doing a treatment once every four to six weeks at first, but once your skin has gotten used to it, you should only need the treatment once every 12 months or two years.
5. While the price can seem higher than other products aimed at restoring a youthful look, such as Botox, it is less risky, both in a cosmetic sense and a physical health sense. If injections are done badly or by someone who is inexperienced, Botox injections can lead to droopiness or may not be as natural as PRP. Since this procedure is more involved than a simple injectable, using the body’s natural processes and plasma from your own body, it is more expensive. However, it’s also safer and lasts far longer than Botox or dermal fillers.
Overall, PRP is a safe, natural solution for correcting problem areas on the face. Whether it is crow’s feet, acne scars or wrinkles in general, PRP eye rejuvenation can target those problem areas and you can see results very quickly!
This month, we’re offering a great special on PRP Eye Rejuvenation! If this is something you think you would be interested in learning more about, contact us today at 813.875.5437 for a complimentary consultation!