Saturday October 12th, 2013 Dr. Mack and staff attended the HSO Fall Classic at the Intercontinental Hotel in Tampa, FL. The Fall Classic is where Optometrists are able to get 15 hours of continuing education credits. Throughout the weekend guest speakers (Optometric and Ophthalmology) lectured to more than 200 Optometrists from across Florida. THE OBJECTS OF THE HILLSBOROUGH SOCIETY OF OPTOMETRY ARE:
- To advance, improve and enhance the vision care of the public
- To unite optometrists; to encourage and assist in the improvement of the art and science of optometry
- To elevate unceasingly the standards and ethics of the profession of optometry
- To protect and defend the inalienable right of every person the freedom of choice of practitioner
- To restrict the practice of optometry and any part of it to those who have been trained, qualified, and licensed to practice the profession;
- For benevolent purposes
- To maintain an active affiliation with the American Optometric Association, Inc. and the Florida Optometric Association, Inc.
Dr. Mack has been a consistent presenter at the Fall Classic for several years. Dr. Mack was asked back by Dr. Mitch Petit, President of the HSO, to present at this year’s educational event. Saturday October 12th, Dr. Mack presented his topic of “Advances in the Specialty of Oculoplastic Surgery-2013.” For two hours he walked the doctors through all the new advances from treatment of eyelid skin cancer to cosmetic blepharoplasty’s.
Furthermore, the Mack Center staff was also in attendance to promote the practice to the Optometrists. Angela, Marcia and Stephanie were running the promotional booth to help doctors with questions about Dr. Mack’s procedures, insurances and general office questions. Stay tuned to find out more about events with Dr. Mack by joining Dr. Mack’s mailing list or following him on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, WordPress, and Flickr.
About William P. Mack, M.D.
William P. Mack, M.D. is a board certified surgeon who specializes in oculoplastic surgery and facial cosmetic surgery.
When eye contact is made, we immediately begin forming our first impression. Judging someone to be tired, sad, angry or pleasant are all based on the appearance of the area around the eyes. “Oculoplastics is a specialized branch of plastic surgery that focuses around the eyes and face,” notes Dr. Mack. “My extensive training in eye and plastic surgery allows me to offer the optimal surgical options to achieve your aesthetic goals.”
For more information, visit their website www.mackmd.com or call (813) 875-5437.